Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In Seattle latte's are out....Cheetos are now in.


It looks like Seattle has enthusiastically embraced the recent vote to legalize marijuana in Washington.  ;)

So today is 12.12.12, a "once in a lifetime" event.  Do you have anything planned to celebrate?  Fuzzy's is offering $1.20 tacos all day.  WooHoo!  Yeah, I know....kinda pitiful, huh?

I understand there are women having C-sections in order to deliver their babies on 12.12.12.  Isn't that kinda extreme?  Is it really that big deal?

I see that Ravi Shankar, the famous Indian sitarist, has passed away at age 92.  I never cared for that kind of music, but I surely do enjoy the music his daughter, Nora Jones, makes.

It's looking more and more like we're going over the fiscal cliff on January 1st.  Get out your wallet and prepare to fork over more taxes to The Gubment.  Now they're saying that even if Bronco Bama and John Boner can come to some sort of Grand Compromise, Boner can't deliver the votes from his ultra-ideologically conservative Tea Party faction.   Prepare to be thrown under the bus. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

At our house we don't need no stinkin' "atomic clock".  We have Luke the Wonder Dog.  His internal body clock is uncanny.  Every day, 7-days a week, he wakes up at the exact same time and wants to go outside.  He eats at 6am.  If you're 5 minutes late he'll tell you about it in no uncertain words terms.

At 7:15am he wants to go outside again, not to take care of any bodily function, but just to take a stroll.  Before K goes to work he wants to play chase round the house.  That's a new one.  K did it a couple days in a row and now it's a part of his daily routine.

His other new one is at 7:15pm....that's ice cream time.  I'll often have a small (Weight Watchers) ice cream bar, and he gets to lick the stick when I'm finished.  He doesn't like to be told "no", but he's learning, much to his chagrin.  He's definitely a creature of habit.

Oh....gotta go.  Luke's calling.  ;)

Happy Hump Day.

S


8 comments:

  1. That dog is really set in his ways.

    I remain ambivalent to the "fiscal cliff." They always flirt with disaster and then come up with some lame "compromise" at the last minute or put things off for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually agree with PT! Must be that 12-12-12 thing.

    C section on 12-12-12...kinda extreem though Mrs. C chose 12-11-10 for our wedding date so I would never forget it...oops...that was yesterday wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent birthday greetings to a friend today and reminded her that she shared the day with Frank Sinatra and the Virgin of Guadalupe. As I said to her, "that's quite a range of morality!"

    Sorry to hear about Ravi Shankar though I had no idea he was that old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 am - Luke wakes up
    5:30 - Luke wants to go back to bed
    7:15 - 7:30 Luke wants to go outside
    7:30 - Luke wants to run around the house with K
    11:45 - Luke goes outside and eats lunch with K
    12:20 - Luke sulks in corner because K goes back to work
    some stuff happens not sure of Luke and S's schedule here
    4:30-5:00 Luke eats dinner
    6:15 - Luke wants second dinner with humans
    6:30 - Luke wants to go see outside
    7:15 - Luke wants ice cream
    8:30 - 9:00 - Luke wants to say goodnight to outside

    aka Luke gets what Luke wants

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that Luke, master dog that he is, is doing a fabulous job of training you and K. Does he know how to bark when the smoke detector goes off at night? Or does he just bark when it doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sitting in my office when a co-worker walked by. He said, "Well, we survived 12:12 on 12-12-12!"

    I said, "What! I missed it? Oh, well. Next century."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it - I forgot to look at the clock at 12:12 too. Shoot.

    I had no idea that Nora Jones was his daughter - and wasn't he already pretty old when she was born!

    I just hope that my (potential) raise in January is enough to cover any increase in taxes.

    I love it that Luke wants to say goodnight to the outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big fan of Nora Jones here, too!

    Can you get Luke a treadmill and litter box? That would solve some of your problems. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete