Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wearin' the green....


Yep.  That's it.  That's all I've got. 


I suppose if I'd thought far enough ahead I could have looked for some of my Scottish family tartan and made a vest or something.  Although with St. Patrick being an Irish dude (right?) I'm not sure flaunting one's Scottish-ness would be too cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While it's sort of a hassle to attend....traffic is terrible and parking is non-existent....the annual Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day parade in Dallas is always fun.  Because of a budget crunch at City  Hall this year's event almost wasn't.  But at the last minute Mark Cuban, the wild and crazy owner of the Dallas Maverick's peeled off a few "K" from his bankroll and things went off just like in the good 'ol days.



My favorite parade entrant was always the Paddy O'Furniture Lawn Chair Drill Team.  As my mentor Alfred E. Neuman was fond of saying, "Why be normal?"

Hopefully your St. Paddy's Day / weekend has been a fun one, too.  :)

S


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the drill team practices a lot...and maybe drinks a bit.

    Happy St. Pats day....and go buy something green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawn chair drill team??? That sounds like a drill you could accomplish with a beer in your hand!

    I don't have anything green to wear, but I'll fix a drink with Midori liqueur in it, that counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have anything green either. Not a fan of the color. Great pics.

    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Saint Patrick's Day happen? Damn, what day is it? I've been passed out for how long now? Shoot...

    ReplyDelete