Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beginning to feel 'beat down'

You know how you feel after you've finished all your chores?  Your work is done and you know you can relax and enjoy yourself for a while.  And then there's before you've done your chores....you look ahead and all you can see is work demanding your attention.  Ugh!


I feel like the latter.  I have one client who is wearing me pretty thin.  (My brother, too.)  He's a very nice guy, but he tries to micro-manage everything.  His new home is well in excess of $1M and of course I want to accommodate him, but it gets harder every day.  He admits he's OCD and apologizes and says he'll try to do better, but nothing changes.


In a different sense, everything changes....daily.  What he originally told us he wanted, and what we bid, in no way resembles what he wants today.  Or what he'll want tomorrow.  He's all over the board.  He can't make up his mind.  I'm just too organized for my own good sometimes.


And I'm sure this weather is taking it's toll on me, too.  I'm used to hot Texas summer weather, and if this were late August I could put up with it better knowing cooler weather would be here soon, but this is still mid-July.  I would love to have a cool, drizzly, lazy Saturday.  *sigh....maybe in 3 or 4 months*


On a brighter note, yesterday we were given the go-ahead by a new customer to begin a room addition project for them.  It's not a big job, but it is a job, and I'm grateful to have it.  :)


S

5 comments:

  1. focus on the good, the great and the blessings. Ask yourself - what is God trying to teach with this customer? What can I learn? To be more patient? To be more understanding? What can I take away that will allow me to grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change orders mean more money and DELAYS! I know you want to get this one finished. Any pics of the progress. 1MM in Texas is one hell of a house especially in this market...

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my co-workers once explained to me about people you work with: Some you get along with fabulously. And other people just always rub you the wrong way. They are, as she said, "your sandpaper."

    So think of this guy as your sandpaper.

    And remember how great a $1M project is going to look in your portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work at night and inside a comfortable hospital but the heat is killing me. Had to pick my wife up from work today and as I walked inside her office the blistering wind reminded me of my visits to Fort Irwin out in the Mojave Desert.

    Hate to say it but this just ain't weather related, this is climate change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments. "It is what it is", as they say. The house is coming along, just not as fast as I would like. I'll post some photos soon.

    S

    ReplyDelete