Sunday, July 3, 2011

A redneck kind of day

It was also a "do anything you possibly can to stay cool" day, too.  This morning we slept late ;) then went to Starbucks and had a coffee (her) and a frappaccino (me) while we read the Sunday Times.  Then we decided to go visit the new Cabelas that opened recently in Allen, TX.  


We were there because it was something to do indoors, but I think for everyone else it was "redneck" day.  We did look at kayaks because that's something we might someday pursue, but otherwise we were just trying to stay cool.  I did see this OTT den recliner, but for some reason K objected:



I'm thinking with a brass spittoon beside it and one of those talking fish mounted on the wall behind, it could make a powerful Architectural Digest statement, don't you?

We survived the 104 degree heat and are back home now.  I'm baking K's birthday cake (don't be too impressed....it's out of a box) and enjoying a margarita, and later I'm going out to grill hamburgers, sausage, hot dogs, and whatever else I can find to scorch.  

There will be some fireworks just up the road at the ballpark (after the baseball game that I turned down tickets to), and we might go up on our rooftop parking deck and check them out.  Or not.  TBD.

Hope y'all are having a nice weekend.  :)

S
  

No comments:

Post a Comment