Friday, July 1, 2011

Fireworks? We don't need no stinkin' fireworks...

...I'll be the entertainment this 4th of July.


Here's something I'm expecting to see any time now:  I'll be walking around outside and just explode...BOOM!!...like a kernel of corn explodes suddenly to make popcorn.  I wonder at what temperature that might happen?  We're probably pretty close right now.


Seems momentum is building to cancel several large fireworks shows around here due to the drought and extreme fire danger.  Most of Texas' 254 counties have fireworks bans already in place, with exceptions for controlled municipal shows.   Now those are in jeopardy, too.


I was offered tickets to a Sunday baseball game with fireworks afterwards, but turned them down because of the heat.  I love fireworks, but I hate to sweat.  In this case fireworks lost.


I really need a summer home elsewhere.  Maybe back in Colorado, or Chile.  I've seen pics of Chile in July.  It looks refreshing.


Stay cool...


S

3 comments:

  1. For various reasons the extreme southern part of Chile is a very appealing place for me to go all expatriate. If the world should happen to go "boom" I figure its about as isolated and safe anyplace can be and still have the option to order delivery pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it could only stay 75 and low humidity I'd love summer a lot more...fireworks are fun but who wants to drive around finding a place to park then when they are over wait to get out to drive home...I'll stay home and sit on my deck with some food and drinks while all the crazy people go to the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It would be nice to escape for a couple of months in the summer. I can't do it yet but I think it is a great plan for retirement. I always had North Carolina in mind. Just a little cabin. Not much appeals in this heat.

    ReplyDelete