Monday, July 11, 2011

We pay HOW MUCH? For WHAT?

All I hear on the news these days is the deadlock over budget reform / raising the debt limit.  What I want to know is where exactly does our tax money go?  I'm sure with enough time and research abilities anyone could comb through the federal budget and find out, but really, no one I know has that much spare time.  I would love for someone to tell me in plain English what all is included in the budget for the Agriculture Department, for example.  How much is paid out in subsidies to well-connected "gentleman farmers" and mega-agra-corporations to NOT grow certain crops?  Name names, give me dollar amounts.


We know what the bottom-line is for the State Department budget, but specifically, how is that money spent?  Who do we give foreign aid to?  A complete list, please.  (I see that as of this past weekend we have another new country in the world, South Sudan.  How much is THAT going to cost us?)


I'd love to know how much tax breaks to oil companies and banks cost us, and big pharma and big-insurance, too.  And I'd love to know the thousands of little-known programs we fund.  I'll bet that would be a REAL eye-opener!  (I once served on a city commission with a lady, a federal bureaucrat, who told me her job was to coordinate federal programs that seek to promote a healthy family life for American Indians.  HUH?  How much?  $50M?  $100M? More?)


My point is I don't think they (the bureaucrats and their masters, Congress) want us to know....too many favors being handed out to too many cronies.


I say off with ALL their worthless heads.


S

3 comments:

  1. I'll go along with that last sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like here in Europe.... same mess. We now have to cover Greeks financial desaster, Spain and Portugal don't look good, and there are hints that Italy may need aid soon. Geeeeez

    ReplyDelete