Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The End Is Near!

No, not the end of the world.  I mean the end of this @#$%& triple-digit heat wave we've had parked right over Texas for the past several months.  A quick glance at our 7-day forecast shows a cool front coming through tomorrow and temps falling into the upper 90's, and staying below 100 after that .  Yep, I said "cool" and "upper 90's" in the same sentence.  Absurd, isn't it?


It looks like we'll have around 65+/- days over 100 degrees this year, making it the second-hottest summer since The Big Bang.  It's also come to my attention that the 2011 college football season kicks off tomorrow night, too.  


Is it possible....I mean....could it be that God is a college football fan like me, and He's turned down the thermostat a few degrees so we can all enjoy the game?    ;)


Dinner out tonight with my daughters and a couple of the grandkids (with another "in the oven").  They all wanted Mexican food, which is fine with me, except it isn't exactly conducive to losing weight.  I'll really have to watch myself.  (We're trying to lose a few pounds and ramp up the exercise, getting ready to enjoy some outdoor activities this fall after being cooped up all summer.)  


S

2 comments:

  1. Football? Ahh you mean Throwball. Over the years I have been getting more and more inpatient with all the stops and restarts of the game. Yes, I still will watch the game but it bores me to tears.

    I'm sure Soccer bores people to tears who don't totally understand the game but once you are hooked you never come back....

    This has been an ongoing process for me since my childhood.

    I'm already freezing to death with temps in the low 80's

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. The regional thermostat was turned down here a couple of weeks ago. Its just that its still dry as Hell and the submersible pump that feeds the sprinkler system for the lawn gave up the ghost about the same time.

    My yard looks like a small example of the Mojave Desert surrounded my miniature green country estates.

    ReplyDelete