Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Did you know....

....that even if the US Government shuts down later this week due to an inability to pass a new budget/funding bill, congress and the President will still get their full paycheck? Pretty sweet deal, huh? (I mean for them, not us.)

And along a similar vein, there is a bill before the Texas legislature that will allow elected officials who are permitted to carry handguns to go in to certain places armed, even it there is a notice posted on the door that says firearms are prohibited for anyone, licensed or not. These rules of course don't apply to us common folk.

And of course it's now common knowledge that congress does not pay in to Social Security, but has their own retirement system, and they have a medical insurance plan you or I would kill to have. Because they're special.

So now you know where the saying, "Do as I say, not as I do" originated.

I thought our new Republic disavowed royalty (and privilege) 235 years ago. I guess our elected officials didn't get the memo.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment