Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'll bet the view is good from up there....

Looking back on some of the photos I took this past weekend in Ft. Worth I noticed this interesting figure atop what I remember to be a Baptist church. Look carefully:


It appears to be a statue of a Spanish Conquistador. (You can click on the picture to enlarge it.) It doesn't look like the hoodmold was quite large enough, so they later built another shed roof to help protect him from the elements.

Wonder what the story is behind El Conquistador? Maybe he.....er.....He's probably.....no, I've got nothin'. Somebody dazzle me with your imagination.

S

6 comments:

  1. He's actually are real live dude! In suspended animation! Guarding the location of the Ark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows what the hell he is doing up there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conquistador dude was working a modern art exhibit and is actually just waiting for the Dominos guy who got lost yet again. The banner is for the benefit of the delivery guy and the sword is his "tip." If you get my point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since the last lightning strike, he's been without speech and mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo....very impressive. Thanks everyone. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's probably thinking "Who moved my damned ladder?"

    ReplyDelete