Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The End Is Near!

The big home we've been building for the past 10 months will be completed this Friday, ready for the new owners to move into on Saturday.  Yesterday I received the C/O (Certificate of Occupancy) from the city, so technically it's finished right now.  We're still doing clean up inside and we have one last coat of polyurethane yet to apply to the wood floors, and THEN it will be 100% to my satisfaction.  So when I say "the end is near", it's really a good thing because it comes with a nice paycheck.  I'll take photos tomorrow morning and have them to share with you here tomorrow evening (if anyone cares).


In other news, K has decided she's ready for another dog.  I had told her she could have whatever she wants, and to my horror she wants a little yappy Yorkie.  *sigh*  Oh well, a deal's a deal.  I'm sure it'll be cute, but a dog that's about the size of a gerbil just doesn't do it for me.  I'll really have to watch where I walk, and sit, too.  Still, having another dog around will bring back a semblance of normalcy to the Lowandslow household.  She hopes to be able to get him next month.  For now she's acting like an expectant mother.  Haha!


Have a great day everyone.  :)


S

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your finished house. And pictures of your new Yorkie when he or she arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I, like Stephen, will be interested in seeing your house pix.

    BG and I sometimes think of getting a playmate for Copper, whose single greatest asset [for me] is that he virtually NEVER barks. At all. At anything (other than turtles and bunnies).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still smile when I remember her writing of Copper's three "skill sets": drooling, begging and sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually know a NON yappy Yorkie - he's the cutest thing :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see pictures, too. As I may have told you, SWMBO's son is a carpenter (specializing in kitchens and baths) in Indiana. His photos are a thing to behold.

    As for the Yorkie . . well, as long as you both love him.

    ReplyDelete