Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Rain, rain, go away"...no, wait...PLEASE STAY!



"I don't need no stinkin' trainin'."  Smart dog.  Haha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rain is always to me a good news / bad news sort of thing.  We desperately need more rain here in drought stricken Texas, but as a homebuilder, rain wrecks a construction schedule.  In a perverse way, not having a home under construction right now is good because we're expecting rain all day and night....2-3 inches of the liquid sunshine, and now I can enjoy it.   I have a couple of errands to run today, but otherwise I'm sticking close to home.  I asked K what needs to be done around here (I'm really scratchin' for something to do, can you tell?) and she said I could clean out the pantry.  How do you "clean out" a pantry?  Do you dust the cans, or maybe arrange them in alphabetical order?  Geez, I'm bored, but....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Mitt Romney made $42M last year, but paid only 14% in taxes.  I think people are outraged by that for the wrong reason.  I don't blame him for taking advantage of every deduction and loophole available to him.  You would, too, and don't lie and say you wouldn't.  I blame congress, who WE elected, for allowing those loopholes to exist in the first place.  And to say, "Yes, they (congress) are bad guys, all except MY guy, and he's good" is why things never change.  Just because your congressman sent you a birthday card or gave you a commemorative paperweight isn't reason enough to vote for him/her.  At the same time they were robo-signing your card they were emptying your pocket in order to subsidize 'ol Mitt and his buddies.  Think about it.

S  


5 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you say. Congress is responsible for these loopholes remaining open and if the Republicans seize the Senate and hold onto the House we can expect much more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely correct about the loopholes. And just adding one after another is why our tax system is so huge and confusing. But a flat tax isn't the solution. I doubt if it will ever be solved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job cleaning out the pantry. Your readers should know you did call me once and say : "Cocounut Flour? Really?" I do get points for letting you toss it - I know it made you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy days are perfect for cleaning out the pantry. Or lying around on the couch all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you said about pollies and it is universal/government commentary. As for cleaning out the pantry, when you figure it out and get yours done - mine;s awaiting :)

    Thank Kelly!

    ReplyDelete