Thursday, January 5, 2012

O'Billery for President?

One brief bit of political news, then on to other things:  Now the scuttlebutt is President O'Bama's political handlers are considering switching the jobs of Sec. of State Hillary Clinton and V.P. Joe Biden.  Apparently they think O'Bama / Clinton, H. would make for a stronger Democratic ticket.  Really?  I can't see Hillary bringing anyone new over to the Democratic party.  Anyone who would be enthusiastic about her being on the ticket probably wouldn't be caught dead with a Romney / Santorum / Paul bumper sticker on their car in the first place.  


Anyone remember the old days when you could do pretty much anything maintenance-wise on your own car right in your garage?  Now computers run everything on your car, and unless you have your own $50K engine diagnostic computer to plug into, you can do little more than change a tire.  Now I read that hackers are using new car's Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and On Star systems to sabotage them.  A wrecker company's dream come true?  Surely those fine upstanding folks wouldn't do that.  *snicker*


I'm still doing my every-other-day running, trying to get in shape for a 5K run some day.  It's a gradually increasing in intensity program that they say will get me built-up slowly without blowing out any important body parts, but I gotta say right now my legs feel like rubber.  I make a much better armchair quarterback than I do athlete.   Last night I watched a documentary, 180 South, about Yvon Choinard, the founder of Patagonia, and how to this day....he's in his early 70's....he still goes mountain climbing.  I say screw climbing mountains.  Right now I'm having trouble just climbing up onto my desk chair.  Ouch!


S

3 comments:

  1. I know quite a few people who run, climb and do all sorts of foolish things. Many of them are starting to have body parts such as hips and knees replaced. I intend to be the only guy in the retirement home with all of his original parts, whether they work or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Stephen. I just last night told SWMBO I wasn't having any hip or knee replacements because the manufacturers are recalling them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that we are watching the Republican pre nomination circus even as far away as the Land of Oz..... with amusement more than interest.

    ReplyDelete