Saturday, January 14, 2012

On your mark....get set....GO....

....to McDonald's.  


While there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems funny to me that McDonald's is a Top Sponsor of the Olympic games.  They're paying $100M to the IOC to sponsor one summer and one winter game.  "Big Mac....the Breakfast of Champions."  I dunno.


What's next?  The Buick Grand Prix of Monaco?  The Poligrip/Depends Molokai Surfing Championship?  Or to reverse things, the Red Bull Bingo Invitational? 


Marketing gone terribly wrong.  ;)


S

4 comments:

  1. I can remember when the football bowl games were The Rose Bowl, The Cotton Bowl, The Orange Bowl, The Gator Bowl and so on. Now it seems they all have some kind of corporate sponsorship and name. I prefer the old way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing Olympic star Apollo Ono advertising some fast food (can't recall what it is) but the product isn't very healthy and doesn't inspire healthy eating. Maybe Weight Watchers could sponsor a Sumo Wrestling championship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Money talks. Louder now than I can ever remember.

    fin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not see Maccas as an endorsement of healthy living but why not use their junk based corporate dollars to fund something like the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete