Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bless her little heart....

My wife has this obsession with food. It's not so much that she likes to eat it, but she likes to know what's in it. Preservatives are a BIG no-no. Her latest healthy-diet regimen is anti-grain. No breads, cereals, rice, etc. She can tell you about what vitamins each food she eats is high in, what to eat to even things out....all that. Not a meal goes by without her telling me how she's never looked better (very true!), how she's never felt better, how her natural insulin level has never been more perfect, etc, all due to her diet.

Then there's me. My dietary rule (I only have one) is "if it tastes good, eat it." I have no idea what's in what I eat, nor do I care. Thankfully most of the things I like are reasonably healthy, and I always eat/drink in moderation. I enjoy one....just one...adult beverage, usually a beer, with my evening meal. I rarely eat any fried foods, don't over-do the red meat thing, and we tend to reserve big desserts for special occasions. My splurge is Coke Zero. I'll have at least 3 a day (because there are 3 parts to a day....morning, noon, and night). To me preservatives are meant to preserve you, as in "keep you from going bad". Somehow, this all makes perfect sense in my warped mind. Yep, life is good.

Now if you'll excuse me I must go have my breakfast brownie. :)

S


3 comments:

  1. You might as well give my "diet" a plug -> www.marksdailyapple.com

    It's called the Primal Blueprint.

    LOL and you really do have brownies for breakfast although you have mentioned this batch not being up to your standards. You are a brownie elitist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I love YOUR attitude to food! If your body craves it, then it needs it! lol
    I grew up and still enjoy lots of junk food and I feel good.... so it can't be all that bad *wink*

    ReplyDelete