Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thank God for weekends!

By this time of the week I'm usually dragging, and this week is no exception. Still, we're sticking to our plan of doing all our errands before the weekend so that we can do fun stuff on Saturday and Sunday, without worrying about chores hanging over us. Tonight was grocery shopping.

Tomorrow night is our evening out / date night. We've decided on Fireside Pies for dinner (upscale pizza, salad, and adult beverages), then a visit to our favorite bookstore, followed by checking out the happenings right here in our own neighborhood. The sights and sound here on Friday night are usually pretty interesting. *wink*

My treat to myself this Saturday is Coffee & Cars. (Anyone care to join me?) K isn't into any of my car stuff, so I'm on my own for the morning. With nice weather expected I'm looking for as many as 300 exceptionally fine automobiles to be there. I'll share my favorites with you via photos later.

Finally, Sunday: On-line church, the newspaper at Starbucks, and finally grilling steaks and NetFlix movie night. By then I should have my batteries recharged and ready for Monday.

If I can just make it until 5pm tomorrow..... *groan*

S

4 comments:

  1. My son and I informed my wife she would have a revolt if she wanted to do yardwork this coming weekend. Sort of planning to hit the international festival here in Columbia this weekend. Lots of food and dancing, but I just like talking with the various people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't dislike your car thing - your car thing just happens to take place during my training schedule

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cars. I steer clear because then I get sick with wanting another one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza and an adult beverage sounds like the perfect remedy after a tough week! You seem to have found a great way to recharge your batteries. With me, I still think that there is always not enough weekend and too much week.

    @Beach Bum: I have a coffee mug from the international festival in Columbia!

    ReplyDelete