Saturday, March 5, 2011

News!


"The Ordeal" is over. I am no longer employed by Big Giant Corporation. I gave my notice last week, and was released completely and amicably this past Friday. Woo Hoo!

Our small family business is up and running again. We have two custom homes to build, both pre-sold, with modest profit margins such that I can pursue it full time. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work for Big Giant Corporation these past months, not just because it allowed me a modest income, but because it gave me a new perspective....a new appreciation of my chosen profession. It was a real eye-opener. Hopefully I can ride this wave of a rebounding economy until I retire in the not-too-distant future.

As a nice first day away from Corporate America, I attended our local "Cars and Coffee" this morning. It was cold, even blustery, but I was relaxed for a change and enjoyed every minute of it. There were the usual mix of exotic cars....new Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, etc, but lately I've been drawn to the older, more oddball cars that show up. Today this was my favorite:

I know it looks quite odd by today's standards, even laughable, but back in the 1960's this was a hot little model for Alfa Romeo. This Guilia (pronounced "Julia") had only one owner in Italy until it was purchased by an American Alfisti and brought here 5 years ago. Innit cute?


All my weekend chores are already done, so all I have to do tomorrow is enjoy my Sunday paper, drink coffee, and enjoy being outside once it warms up some later in the day. Nice, huh? Wishing you a nice day, too. :)

S

3 comments:

  1. leaving the Big Company gets rid of a lot of pressure I'm sure. I have 16 months to go then I'll also be able to do what I want, when I want. yooohooo

    My daughter's house is coming along great... indoor stuff going on so no new pics. They hope to move in in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I think you will be happier. It's nice to have some control over your own life.

    ReplyDelete