Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another day in Paradise...with photo

My beloved 'lil Audi is getting spruced up today.  "Detailed", that is.  It's pushing 5 years old with 83,000 miles on the clock, and in great mechanical shape, but in need of a shave and a haircut.  I get those Living Social emails daily (similar to Groupon) and not long ago they had an offer for auto detailing at 1/2 price. DEAL!


Another nice benefit of me cleaning up my car is the rain.  It's common knowledge if I wash my car it will rain.  A simple wash, a little rain.  With a full-fledged detailing, I'm expecting a LOT of rain.  Maybe not as much as my friends in Virginia and the Carolina's will be getting in a few days (and hopefully they'll all come through unscathed but just wet), but rain none-the-less.  If I don't see rain here within 48 hours I'm going back and asking for a refund.  Breach of implied promise, or something.


My birthday was a good one.  I heard from all my loved ones, even the little ones who can only slobber and mumble.  A new season of Top Gear was aired last night in my honor.  Thank you BBC.  :)  K and I had a nice dinner at home as we're going out with All My Children on Wednesday to celebrate.


Other than that, the days drone on.


Adios mi amigos,


S



Looks pretty good all cleaned up, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Going to get a smackdown here in NC and Virginia...

    I have a 2003 350z I bought in Dec of 2002 hat still runs like a jewel although it has 98,000 miles on it. I do have to change the spark plugs and it is a real big pain in the ass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking car!

    I have a Honda Fit - my son calls it "The Mouse" because it does look a bit like a computer mouse.

    I know how to make it rain, too - just take the camera for a walk... ;-)

    ReplyDelete