Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crimping my style

When you take away "outside activities" due to the extreme heat, there really isn't that much to do here on a weekend.  We're really scratching our heads looking for things to do that don't cost a fortune.  Next weekend we're going back to the lake, but that's next weekend.  The pool water is too hot to get in and cool off, so that's a non-starter.  I can't even take the dog for a walk because the dog refuses to go outside.


We've walked around the mall for a while, walked around Ikea for a while, had a coffee and a read at Starbucks, gone to the bookstore, gone to REI and Sports Authority....  I saw a friend of mine at Ikea yesterday and he said he and his spousal unit were also there walking around for something to do indoors.


We're going back to Starbucks later this morning, and to Fuzzy's Taco Shop this evening, but other than that I've got nuthin'.  We're thinking about a movie, but nothing looks that appealing. A museum visit was mentioned, but....zzzzzzzzz.  The indoor gun range?  K doesn't have a membership, and it would cost a fortune to sign her up for what I know would be a one-time visit.  A sports bar?  To watch what?   Baseball or soccer?  Snoozer!  Football will be here in a month....if I can last that long.


Somebody help me out here.


S

3 comments:

  1. before the days of internet, or even just a computer, I used to make a puzzle to "waste" time. That, too, can get addictive! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - that sounds like the perfect time for a nice, glorious nap!

    Turn on the TV to a mindless movie you've seen before, settle into the couch, and take a nap.

    That's how I recharge my batteries for the week. And it doesn't cost a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiled at the dog not going out. Ours is totally brain dead, and walking is his favorite thing. Soon as I pick up the leash, he wags off the walls and goes into a frenzy of happiness and excitement, and three minutes later, he is drooping, drooling (see Bethany's facebook comment about his skill sets) and noticeably dragging his doggy butt. fin

    ReplyDelete