Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Do you believe in omens?

I'm starting this new day with trepidation.  By all rights this should be a slam-dunk day.  All I have to do is wait for one building inspector this morning, and then just make my rounds the rest of the day.  The inspection should pass handily, no known crisis looming....easy day.  Maybe too easy.


Apparently I have the coordination of a monkey playing basketball this morning.  I reached in to the refrigerator to get my jug of grape juice and I knocked over an entire LARGE bowl of grapes and they spilled all over the floor, rolling into places I didn't even know we had.  (We pull them off the vine individually and wash them....it's easier to just grab a few for a snack that way.)   The dog thought it was surely Christmas as there were "presents" rolling everywhere, which we couldn't let her have because grapes are supposedly poison to dogs.  I'm afraid the ones I couldn't find will soon lead us to having a good crop of raisins.


Is this an omen?  What else will happen today?    Will I have a flat tire?  Can I drive from Point A to Point B without bouncing off something?  Will I get drafted to run for President?


S



4 comments:

  1. Watch it Bub. Rolling Grapes are a nuisance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omens? Why, yes - green grapes falling on your floor? It's an omen for green pieces of paper (you know, the kind with dead presidents on it) falling into your hands.

    Come to think of it, I might want to move my bowl of grapes a little closer to the edge of that shelf.

    Sooo...how was the rest of your day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I ran over a rabbit one night on the way to work and it was all downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby....yeah, especially if you step on them.

    Peeper....I love your interpretation, but mine were seedless red grapes. The rest of my day?...long, hot, glad it's over.

    Bum....after that I'd be checking my 6 the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete