Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oasis found!

Like the parched man wandering in the desert looking for even a small puddle of water, I've been hallucinating over water for weeks....no, months now.  It's been 105-110 degrees every day with nary a cloud in sight.  Parched, I tell 'ya.

Two days ago rain drifted south out of Oklahoma and made it titillatingly close to Dallas.  We didn't get any, but it made the lead story on the local news, ahead of news of the world economic implosion and a possible cure for cancer.  (Hey, we have priorities!)

This morning I finally dragged myself out of bed at 7:30 to take the dog for her dootie call and was greeted by....wait for it....RAIN!  WooHoo!!  Emma Belle wouldn't even step off the porch, but just looked at the rain, then at me, her eyes asking, "What am I supposed to do with that?"

I had a suspicion this might happen as last night it was cool enough for us to actually walk around our neighborhood and see the "beautiful people" (read: ladies) milling around waiting for tables at restaurants, and listen to a killer blues band playing under the porte-cochere.  


Which reminds me:  We saw couples where the lady was dressed to the nines....absolutely magazine-cover gorgeous....and the guy looked like he just crawled out from under the car after changing the oil.   What's with that?

Have a good day everyone.  :)

S

1 comment:

  1. Having a bit of a break in the heat here, still looking forward to the cooler weather of October.

    ReplyDelete