Monday, August 1, 2011

Hell in real time...+ EDIT

I'm not freakin' believing this:  Our weather forecast for today through next Saturday reads sunny and 107, 109, 109, 107, 107, and 106 respectively.  And this is just August 1.  We still have at least 6 more weeks of this.


Dallas must have the best Chamber of Commerce EVER to be able to talk people into moving here.  Personally I'm keeping my eye on Ft. Collins, Colorado.  Winters aren't too cold, summers aren't too hot.... :)


S


EDIT....It was officially 107 today, a new record high for this date, but on my car thermometer I recorded 115.  

5 comments:

  1. Unless you live by the water, those are some seriously hot temperatures. Crossing the sand in that kind of heat is a real bitch I can tell you for certain.

    I still prefer summer although it was only 92 yesterday for the high. We have seen it near 100 once or twice.

    Why don't you all move here?

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. our temps over the past weekend were only around 60°F...I ended up lighting the fire in my fireplace! I MUCH prefer your temps (as long as it's not too humid).

    This we're supposed to get up to "maybe" 86°F! yoohoooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorrie....that's the problem. It IS humid. Our heat index is well over 115 degrees. :(

    Bobby....Thanks for the offer, but the coast is WAY too humid for me. The temps aren't that bad and the scenery is spectacular, but it's that humidity thing that would keep me away.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me first say that I was born and grew up in Germany, and Germany often tends to be cool, cloudy, and rainy, even in the summer. Dorrie can attest to that... (*wave*).

    When I came to the U.S. in the summer of 1980, I ended up in Ft. Polk, LA (wonder if they still call it "Ft. Puke"?). It was 114ºF THREE. DAYS. IN. A. ROW. one week.

    Talk about culture shock!

    I still feel for you. You should move south, like to FL, for the cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeper....Germany's loss, our gain. :)

    I remember the summer of '80. It was our all-time hottest. We had 42 straight days of 100+, and 69 days of 100+ total for the summer. Right now we are at 31 days of 100+ and they say we have a very good chance to beat the old record. We'll see.

    Move SOUTH? You mean CLOSER to the equator? Um...no thanks! :)

    S

    ReplyDelete