Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chuckles

I'm sorry, but I can't help but chuckle when I read that the brokerage house MF Global is in bankruptcy.  The MF CEO *chuckle* is former Goldman Sachs CEO and ousted crooked politician Senator/Governor Jon Corzine, MF. *chuckle*  Now we learn that up to a BILLION dollars in customer deposits is missing.  I guess that makes the MF CFO a MF, too. *chuckle*  What if they had bought the naming rights to a stadium or an arena?  Imagine....MF Arena.  Catchy.  *chuckle*  See, this is just too easy.  :)


I do, however, feel sorry for the rank and file MF'ers who are losing their jobs, especially right before the holidays.


In a similar vein, there is actually a ceiling fan company named "Big Ass Fans".  As you might expect, their fans are huge, up to 8 feet in diameter, hence the name.  So if they bought the naming rights to a sports facility, you think they'd call it Big Ass Stadium?  (Aren't they all?)  *chuckle*


I think I need coffee.


S

1 comment:

  1. That group leveraged their money 40 times and got caught on the wrong side of too may bets. Lehman was like that. In fact the entire brokerage/banking industry was like that before the collapse of Lehman.
    Brokerage houses lever about 15 times and banks are actually levered 10-1.
    I am sure the details will emerge over the next few months.
    Big shame.

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete