Sunday, November 27, 2011

The end is near!

The end of our long holiday weekend, that is. I'm the world's worst about looking forward to time off, and dreading seeing it end, too. Right now K and I are drowning our sorrows non-alcoholicly at Starbuck's. K does this every Sunday, but as I usually work Sunday afternoon's, this is quite a treat for me. My instructions are to sit here and read for hours on end. And if my butt starts hurting, shut up and keep reading. Haha!


I saw on the Internet that Eurostat, the EU agency that keeps track of all the statistics, says that the UK has the highest obesity rate in Europe, and Italy has the lowest. Italy, with all the pasta and bread they eat? How's that possible? If I ate that kind of food daily I'd be the size of a house! I'll just stick with my meat and potatoes. Um....wait...


I read in the newspaper that Sergio Scaglietti has died. If you've ever admired the beautiful lines of a vintage Ferrari, you've admired the genius of Mr. Scaglietti. Just look at the cars driving around today (IMHO usually very bland) and you'll appreciate his sense of style even more. RIP, sir.


A family birthday party tonight, then it's back to the cold, cruel world tomorrow. :(


S

4 comments:

  1. I hope tomorrow beats your expectations. My world has become a lot less cold and cruel since I started blogging and met people like you. (Sappy, but I have a nearly empty glass of Chardonnay in my hand.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The usual "Sunday evening blues" are intensified after a long weekend. Hoping that this will stop after retirement.

    I bet Italians are skinniest because all that gesturing burns a ton of calories. Did you hear about the Italian who lost both arms in an accident? He couldn't talk any more.

    I'm drinking an iced mocha espresso here. Maybe I should switch to what Stephen is drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've met some great people here, too, Stephen, just such as yourself. Drink up, and have another on me. Just don't drive, OK? Cheers! *clink*

    Peeper....from all I've ever read about Italians, their (lack of) stress is bound to help with their waistlines, too. Have a great week ahead.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, my sympathies on the end of your weekend. Mine continues on and on. But my glass of red is getting low.

    ReplyDelete