Friday, November 11, 2011

Clipped wings this weekend

Looks like whatever fun I'm gonna have this weekend will have to come in 4 hour spurts.  That's because I have to be home to feed Emma Belle a special stomach-calming diet every 4 hours.  The vet says she has pancreatitis and prescribed meds and gave us a 6-pack of special canned food.  Well, not gave....it costs me $337 all together. The stuff might calm Emma's stomach, but it nearly turns mine.  It looks like bad bean dip.   But of course I'll do whatever I have to to get my "best friend" well again.


Thank a veteran if you happen to see one today.  And as it's Veterans Day, fly your flag, too.  Really we should thank our veterans every day. Whenever I see someone wearing a military cap, for example (such as "Vietnam Veteran", "WWII Veteran", etc), I'll thank them and shake their hand.  It makes 'em smile, which makes me smile, too.


This is one of those work days I dread.  I have some dirty work that needs to be done (a house under construction needs to be cleaned out and swept, and it's a VERY BIG house) and there isn't anyone to delegate the job to.  We don't have a handy man on the payroll so the job falls on me.  I'll come back covered head-to-toe in dust and head straight to the shower.  But the good news is, after that, I'm free for the rest of the day.  'Course, if my dust mask doesn't work, I'll be sneezing for the rest of the day.  


OK, I've stalled long enough.  Here goes......


S

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck to Bella. Hope she is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stomach-calming diet? Send some my way...after the terrible day I had at work on Friday, it might benefit me.

    You have no handyman to do your cleaning? If I get it on the next round of lay-offs, I'll send you my resume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and I do hope Emma Belle is getting better!

    ReplyDelete