Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"It slices, it dices, it cuts Julienne fries....

....but you gotta hit that sumbitch juuuuust right!" 
                                                          
No, I haven't found a super new culinary tool, but I have found a good-for-what-ails-you diet supplement I can recommend, plus I just like that quote from one of my favorite comedians, Gallagher.  I walk a lot for exercise, leading up to being able to take some nice long hikes in the mountains when we visit Colorado again next summer.  Trouble is, my left knee hurts for the rest of the day after I put in a few miles.  At my age I guess that's to be expected.

I saw a commercial for Osteo Bi-Flex, a glucosamine supplement that promises to "show improvement in joint comfort within 7 days."  Well guess what?  It works!  I asked my SIL the anesthesiologist before I started taking it if it was just snake-oil and he said there wasn't any scientific evidence to prove it worked, but he personally had taken it and was pleased.  He said even if it was just a placebo effect, so what?  If you feel better you feel better.  Just go with it.

Ten days into taking it I can say my knee feels dramatically better, and an endorsement from the ultimate cynic (me) is saying something.  

S

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing better than an endorsement from someone you know.

    ReplyDelete