Thursday, August 29, 2013

Good things happen to those who wait (like I have a choice)

Oh, those crazy Japanese!  They're a fun-loving bunch.  This morning's news showed this office clown dressed up in a dinosaur costume terrorizing his cubicle-mates, especially this poor guy just arriving for work: 


Funny, but seems staged to me.  

Try that here in Texas and you'd probably get popped by a dozen concealed-carry Glocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's about this time every year that the optimist in me comes out.  I'm sure to the horror of all of you Yankees, I LOVE snow and hold out hope every late-summer that the upcoming winter will be at least a little white in Dallas.  

Why is this on my mind today?  Because today the weatherguessers predict we'll break the all-time record high temperature for this date....103.  UGH!

But before we get to winter we're blessed with about 6-weeks of the most perfect autumn weather you can imagine.  The perfect fall day for me?  After a Saturday doing fun stuff out and about, I retire to my den to watch a big rivalry college football game on TV.  

I'm sitting in my comfy chair with an ample supply of cold brew and football food (nachos works for me), the window beside me open, the evening temps in the 60's with a gentle rain shower in progress.  Clean-smelling fresh air...cool...football...it doesn't get any better!


God Bless America!

But before I can enjoy any of that I have to endure today.  Have I mentioned patience is NOT one of my virtues?

Stay cool everyone.

S



8 comments:

  1. Other than that Manziel guy getting slapped on the wrist for signing autographs (ooh, he doesn't get to play the first half against a crappy team...take that!!!) I have no idea what's going on in college football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Yankee loves snow also....don't tell anyone, we're supposed to hate and complain about it.

    YES FOOTBALL...Go RUTGERS!! (Talk about dreaming.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinosaur costume is terrifyingly real. I think I might have run for cover. Fear would kick in long before I noticed the human legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of football, Scott, did you read about Jerry Jones' 40 year old brain? I made my CAT scan appointment this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow too! For a minute anyway, & then I start complaining. I complain about the heat too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've actually had snow flurries here in Lakeland a few years ago. I think it was about seven. I got all excited, and then somebody said it was only angel dandruff.

    But I do make an annual winter trip to Buffalo, just so I won't forget.

    ReplyDelete