Sunday, August 18, 2013

Just a walk in the park

Since I'm not having to endure the floods in the midwest and southeast or the drought, heat, and fires out west I can say this:  I'm rather enjoying this climate change thing.

With early morning temps yesterday in the low 60's and staying in the 70's until early afternoon, K and I decided it would be a perfect day to go and re-visit the new Klyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas.



K's little Toyota Skateboard Coupe is perfect for maneuvering 'round town.


Lots of people were there with their miniature humans in special push-carts.


The mid-sized ones seemed content in the corner corral.


We had a good selection of food trucks to choose from for lunch.


We had a perfect spot to sit and enjoy the sights.  It was very pleasant until two guys got out their guitars and starting yelling and groaning.  (K and I had a difference of opinion on this.  She thought they were "singing".  She's funny sometimes.)


It was interesting watching this tiny little lady, maybe 110 pounds, hauling around this GIANT dog.  He was a Great Pyrenees / Bull Mastiff mix that weighed 180 pounds.  Very friendly, though, a true gentle giant.


This Miniature Schnauzer, however, had no use for the paparazzi.

A little grocery shopping later and a stop at Paciugo for some gelato, then we retired back home to watch the Louis Vuitton Cup yacht racing on TV, which still fascinates me.  Yep, this climate change thing makes for some fine weekends.  :)

S


5 comments:

  1. I love it when a downtown area has space for a nice park like this.

    I'm jealous of your weather right now, though my turn for gloating will come in about four or five months, when most of the nation is sick of snow, cold temps, and grey skies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, we had a bit of a rain last night while we were watching a movie. More of a mist, actually, but it made the street wet and filled the air with the aroma of fresh ozone. Loved it. But I really love your wonderful park. I'll get to some of ours, probably in another month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to find somewhere with some food trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough with dogs and cars, i'm expecting up close and personal pics of the Dallas Cowgirls now that they're moving to your town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was impressed the first time you posted pictures of this park and I'm even more impressed now.

    ReplyDelete