Friday, August 30, 2013

I've got all the answers. It's the questions that trip me up.

So now leaked information has come out that says the NSA has paid $278M to media companies (Google? Yahoo? etc) for access to their customer's data.  What a waste!  They could have just come straight to me in the first place and for a whole lot less than that I would have "cc'd" them on all my emails from the get-go.  We could have cut out the middle men and saved the taxpayers a bundle.



I don't quite understand what's fixing to happen in Syria.  With the aid of maybe France....the Germans and Brits have opted out....the US stands ready to strike Syria in retaliation for their use of chemical weapons.

We've announced probable targets are their Ministry of Defense building, their Secret Police HQ, their Republican Guard barracks, certain military warehouses, etc, ALL OF WHICH ARE BY NOW UNDOUBTEDLY EMPTY.  And we've said we have no desire to target Bashar Assad personally....we're not looking for "regime change".  And we have no idea how to measure whether or not we're successful.

Yeah boy, that's a well thought out plan.  Can't we just hit a few keystrokes and cyber-fry all their computers and be done with this?  Yes, I know....they can retaliate and maybe fry ours, too.  Feces occurs.  I'll chance it.  (Which just reinforces my case for good 'ol yellow pads and #2 pencils.  :)


IMO we should either kick the ever-lovin' shit out of them or stay home and let's watch football.  And since cruise missiles cost more than we have left in petty cash, I say "pass the nachos".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hereby declare the long Labor Day weekend begins the second I click "Publish".  (The boss won't mind.  Go ahead and mention my name.)

Y'all have fun and stay safe.  ;)

S


15 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day.... I'm all about the football and nachos too... Enough is enough already, sheesh! (besides, my kid is there - not loving this)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He/she is in the military? Please tell them "thanks" from me. And we'll do our part to look after them, too.

      S

      Delete
  2. Announcing your targets ahead of time is never good strategy. I think Sun Tzu says that in The Art of War or something. We really created this mess for ourselves by setting ourselves up as the world's policeman. There's really no point to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, your posts keep making more and more sense...you must be reading my posts.

    Damn, I actually agree with PT on something, but I still think we need to step aside...enough on this area of the world. Lets have Israel's back, otherwise we should just step back.

    Thanks Jenn, to your son, and all the families of those in the service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see no winning strategy in Syria. To think we can just punish Assad without entering into another long war is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - but I'll have my nachos with a side of baseball please :)

    Oh, & you have now entered the ranks (along with Pixel Peeper) of forbidden websites at work. You're considered "Adult Material." I don't EVEN want to know what they think Low & Slow is all about. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Most people consider my comments to be rather juvenile. ;)

      Delete
    2. You mean I'm on the forbidden list AGAIN?

      Well, Scott, at least you are in wonderful company... :-)

      Delete
    3. Yep PP you are on the list again. I have no idea what's going on there - ha! I guess I should be glad I can read any blogs at all!

      Delete
  6. The Syrian mess is indeed a worrisome affair and a dangerous one. We'll just have to hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mess in Syria is a no-win/no-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those building won't be empty - they will be full of innocent civilians - count on it.

    I posted this on Facebook and it's good enough to post here too: If you kill your own people....we will kill more of your own people but in a separate way to let you know we do not approve of your method of killing....how does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo....excellent point. It's all about the propaganda, screw the human lives. They're expendable.

      Delete