Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's wrong with those crazy people?


What is it about Islam that makes their believer's minds short circuit?  Whether North African, Somali, Arab, Persian, Pakistani or even a Muslim American military doctor at Ft. Hood, TX, their minds often just seem to reject logical thought processes.  I've looked at it from every angle I can think of and the only common denominator seems to be their Islamic faith.

They just don't seem happy unless they're fighting each other or their neighbor.  "You covet my camel, you see my wife's big toe....I KILL YOU!"  A daughter somehow learns to read and write....heads roll, literally.  Want a job?  "I have a job.  I make bombs."

Now I'm wondering if being around them for all these years during this Age of Oil hasn't infected / affected our Western thought processes, too?  We somehow think they want American-style freedom and democracy.  We've set them up time and again, and they've squandered it every time.  Why can't we take a hint?

It seems to me our "problem" is we're a compassionate people.  We see pain and suffering and we want to help.  That's a good thing and I'm glad we're that way.  But to help someone they have to WANT to be helped.  I'm sure many Muslims do, but far too many others, perhaps even a majority, seem to want nothing more than to return to the 16th Century.  

Now the civil war in Syria has turned even nastier and we want to go and kick some bad-guy ass.  Look around, Washington....we're up to our eyeballs in Muslim dung now!  Lobbing a few cruise missiles into Syria might make us feel better, make us feel like we're doing something to help, but that's delusional.  

Why don't we just build a bonfire on the Washington Mall and shovel in a few billion dollars worth of greenbacks?  We could close the ceremony with a rousing chorus of Kum Ba Yah, too.  Yeah, that'll show 'em!

We need to face facts:  Nothing we can do is going to civilize them.  We need to treat them like our old, weird uncle we see at the family reunion once a year....say "hi", send them a Christmas card (they'll love that!), and then stay as far from them as possible.  We want to buy their oil, they need the money; that's business.  Otherwise, leave them alone to re-arrange their own rocks.

S


5 comments:

  1. Crazy world, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I supported Viet Nam...I was wrong
    I supported the first Iraq with Bush 1 ...still not sure
    I supported Afghanistan...We stayed too long...10 years too long
    I supported Iraq II...I was wrong

    Please stay out of Syria!! If the Rebels win they will turn out to be run by terrorists! You are spot on Scott.

    Leave these people alone because nothing we do improves the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to do what we did with Libya which was just to let our allies drop a few bombs while we sat back and gave the rebels some bullets and stuff. Though that backfired on us in Afghanistan in the 80s and may still backfire in Libya. (If you think about it the same policy backfired on the French in the 1780s when they helped us but in the process bankrupted themselves leading to the French Revolution.) At least for the moment it saves thousands of American lives.

    And yes even as a liberal there was a point during Iraq War II where I just said, "The hell with these idiots. Let them kill each other if they want." Even when they say they want our help, like with Syria, once we get boots on the ground they'll decide they don't want us around anymore and start setting off IEDs. Even those people are a minority and many of them are not native to Syria the problem is they're the vocal minority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently watching a three Part program on the life of Mohammed. Now that I understand the significance of Jerusalem to the Muslims I no longer have any hope that peace can be achieved without one side annihilating the other. The solution is to ween ourselves off fossil fuel as quickly as possible. Without oil revenues these countries will sink back into the sand and return to the sixteenth century they love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - aid, maybe, troops, NO.

    ReplyDelete