Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Well, there goes the neighborhood

My city, Frisco-on-the-Plains, TX, not to be confused with 'Frisco-by-the-Bay, CA, convened a City Council meeting last night to put the finishing touches on a deal that will bring the Dallas Cowboys training facility and *drum roll please* "World Headquarters" here.  And by "here" I mean just across the street from me.  



Right behind those trees, just a 5-minute walk from mi casa, is where "America's Felons" (formerly known as "America's Team") will check-in during the season.  

I wonder if they'll call it a "practice field" or an "exercise yard"?



Da 'Boys.
Here they are posing for a recent team picture.


"Stick 'em up!"

As Cowboys owner Jerry Jones never does anything all on his dime, I'm anxious to see how much he extorted from the city to make this deal happen. 

Late EDIT:  It was announced this will be a $115M project, with public money accounting for $85M of it.  The upside....the city will retain ownership of the 12,000-seat domed stadium/practice field, with local schools able to use it on Friday and Saturday nights for high school football games.


I would personally be much more impressed if the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders would move their practice facility here.  ;)

S


10 comments:

  1. It's always sick how much public money these billionaires get for their pet projects. I guess that's how they stay billionaires by not using their own money. Maybe I can get my city to build me a new house. It'll be good for the economy with all those construction jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dog walks might just take a new path soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry must be getting soft in his old age. He only gets Frisco to pay $85 million on his $115 million "World HQ"? Here's betting that AT&T or some other corporate
    "friend" will pick up much of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't put anything past him Robert. He'd pimp his grandmother if he could make a buck out of it.

      Delete
  4. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Even if I were a baseball fan I'm not sure I'd want a stadium that close to where I live. Just too much traffic. But if you're pleased then I'm pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Steve, I'm ambivilent about the Cowboys, period. I don't care where, or even if they play. This would just be their practice field and Jerry's "I love me" quarters.

      Delete
  5. Well, if you don't like them this close to your neighborhood it's a good thing that su casa is really landlord's casa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! I see a Cowboys fan in the offing. Or at least a Dallas Cheerleaders' fan.

    ReplyDelete