Thursday, August 8, 2013

How come I've never noticed this before?

I'm a fairly observant guy.  I have a pretty good idea what's going on around me.  (Especially if there is an attractive woman involved....I didn't say that out loud, OK?)  But I've noticed something the past few days that I can't believe has gotten by me until now:  Women are standing funny these days. Have they done this all along or is this something new?


The lady on Good Morning America stands funny.  So does the Channel 8 weatherguesser lady.  


Models are standing funny, too.  Did you notice it before I pointed it out?  Instead of just planting their feet and standing solidly on terra firma, they're crossing their legs like they really, really need to go to the bathroom.



Even in catalogues where they're trying to sell bookshelves (or is it magazines?) they have their models posing all cross-legged.  Is that supposed to subliminally get us to buy more bookshelves?


Women in China are standing funny, too.


So are really skinny girls in dire need of a cheeseburger (or three, and don't skimp on the fries).


Even Navy recruiting poster sailor-ettes pose this way.  Everywhere I looked, once I began paying attention, there they were.

So what's going on?  Is this some sort of fashion trend that has somehow made it under my radar until now?  Dear ladies who read my blog....do YOU stand like this?  Is it comfortable?  Do you ever fall over?  (I tried it and didn't make it 3 seconds.)

Now I'm beginning to doubt myself.  What else is getting by me?  Have I lost my keen sense of "coolness"?  *stop snickering*  I'm worried.

S


10 comments:

  1. I tried standing like that too & I fell over. Does it look sexier? I wouldn't know :) (I'm sure it's VERY sexy when I topple over & land on my bad hip - LOLOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they're worried something will fall out from between their legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it decreases thighage. Yes, even the girls who need cheeseburgers, and are photoshopped to boot, are convinced their thighs are too large.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not noticed that, I will pay more attention. I think paulafrances has the correct answer.


    Oh, and am I too old to join the Navy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always noticed the strange way fashion models walk, as if they're going to throw out a hip, but I haven't noticed this stance. Now I'll be sure to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stance almost reminds me of a yoga pose. I wonder if all these famous models, actresses, etc. had the same misguided personal trainer. "Ladies, please cross your legs, squeeze your glutes, tuck in your abdominals, and ... breathe. This will strengthen your core! Namaste, dammit."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed a plethora of young ladies who pose for pictures with one hand on their hip, shoulders back and, uh, chest out. Seems like a bit of a bimbo look to me. See picture #3 above, though she really doesn't have her shoulders back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they're afraid someone will try to look up their skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Highly polished black shoes do NOT work for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you remember in school when they separated all the boys and girls and the boys got to watch a video about the facts of life? Well, the girls were being told to stand like, along with being taught how to make their legs look better by wearing high heels and that men might not notice if they're wearing makeup, but they definitely notice if they're not.

    ReplyDelete