Saturday, March 10, 2012

Another restaurant review

Last night K and I had our date-night meal at Anamia's.  After it opened a few weeks ago we noticed the parking lot was always full, definitely a good sign.  We tried it and found it to be the best Tex Mex in town, which is saying a lot since Dallas is noted for their abundance of Tex Mex restaurants.  This was our second visit.


  
Their bartender definitely knows his stuff and was not at all stingy with the spirits, either.  I had a Margarita and K had a Mojito, both fairly simple, but the guy really nailed 'em!  K was intrigued by the sugar cane garnish in her drink.  She told me she'd never tasted cane before so I cut her off a piece and told her to chew on it for a second.  She liked it.  Live and learn.


I know it doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary, but trust me, these folks understand seasonings.  The cheese was a 3-cheese blend that was so smooth, and the guacamole was perfect.


Speaking of guac, the table next to us opted for the freshly made "tableside guacamole".  It's an awful lot of guac for just 2 people so we'll need to go with friends sometime and split an order.


K had shrimp enchiladas with perfectly spiced (hot) beans and rice, not the "same ol" stuff most Tex Mex places use as a filler.  And the shrimp were plump and plentiful and a bit spicy, too.  (She had to offload some of her jalapeno pieces onto my plate.  Win-win.)  The saddest part of the evening wasn't the check, but when the waiter removed my licked-clean plate.  :(  This place is definitely on our rotation now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our local weatherguessers so far this week are batting ZERO!  They told us to expect 2-5" of rain, and so far there hasn't been enough rain fall to even get the street wet.  Maybe today their prediction will finally come true.  (Of course it will....it's Saturday!)  Hope y'all have a great weekend.

S



5 comments:

  1. This restaurant looks good. I tend to judge based on how well they make my favorite, a cheese rellano. I'll be waiting for a picture of one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen - Scott will never order anything else than what you see above - he knows what he likes and over the years knows sometimes it's best to stick to the same thing. I, on the other hand, will try anything practically - next time we go there I will order a cheese rellano if they have one and let you know :)

    The difference between Scott's ordering process and mine? He rarely has a disappointing meal and I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks good! How do you get drool out of a keyboard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worry Peeper....I've been reading other's food posts for years, drooling all over mine, and it still works fine. *hiss....buzz....KABOOM!*

    S

    ReplyDelete