Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Jeff Beck kind of evening

The weatherguessers finally got one right....it rained most of yesterday.  We did our usual Saturday errand running, but by dusk we were safely ensconced back home.  I was on my 'puter in the study while K was on hers in the den with the TV on in the background.  Then I heard some music which called me.  It was a 2-hour show of guitarist Jeff Beck in a performance from Ronnie Scott's jazz club in London.  He had that thing smokin'!  And if that wasn't enough there were guest appearances by Eric Clapton, Joss Stone, and Imogen Heap.  What an AMAZING performance!  So much so that I went to iTunes and bought them all.  What caught my attention was this little tiny girl bass player....she appeared to be about 14 (she was 24, I looked her up).  Her name is Tal Wilkenfeld, an Australian, and is a natural if there ever was one.



Now is this good "relaxing at home on a rainy Saturday night" music or what?  There's lots more Jeff Beck on YouTube if you're interested.

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone.  :)

S

2 comments: