Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our new home....

OK, so since the inside of our new apartment still resembles the aftermath of a battle zone, I took some photos of the outside of our complex to share with you for now:



Across the front on the ground floor is retail space, such as this salon and spa...


...and this sports bar and grill.  It looks like their patio on the east side (with canvas sides on it for now) will be nice when it warms up some.


One place we've visited already is our convenience store, which is also a dry cleaner's drop-off point and a full US Post Office.


Inside there's a nice community room where they hold social events for the residents and their guests.


Last Saturday morning they had a sponsored brunch here in the demo kitchen.


It won't be long until this ^ will be the place to be.  In fact, the weather was so nice this past weekend there were already people out there.  One young lady....she was in her late 20's, blond (?), blue eyes, wearing white shorts (I really wasn't paying much attention)....stopped me and asked for directions there.  


There's also a nicely equipped gym on premises, too.  It has TV's on the equipment for year-round viewing, and a full view of the pool for summertime enjoyment.  :)


There are also two other small courtyards with seating areas, grills, and water features.  

Because of the noise that is bound to exist on the front around the retail and bar areas I decided an apartment at the back would be preferable.  Logic also says the noise echoing off the brick walls around the pool area would be an issue for the adjacent apartments.  The smaller courtyards probably wouldn't be too loud, and a patio or balcony unit might have been nice, but they were already all spoken for.  Day late and a dollar short....story of my life.

So whatdayathink? The best part to me is I don't have to maintain any of it.  YEA!!  It looks good now.  We'll see how it lives over time.

S




5 comments:

  1. Looks good to me! I think the convenience store is ENTIRELY too convenient though - I think I'd need to make an arrangement with the clerks that they'd cut me off when I reached my chocolate limit for the week :)

    And Kelly had better be keeping her eye on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've moved into a fancy resort. I've no doubt that you'll enjoy watching others do all the gardening and maintenance. And that pool will certainly be a treat when the really hot weather arrives. I think you've made a fine choice here. Do you have a spare bedroom for when Mrs. Chatterbox throws me out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana....I didn't know there was such a thing as a "chocolate limit". ;)

    Steve....It's pretty swanky. for sure. But surprisingly the rent is very much in line with others not as nice in the area. You come this way, we'll find a place for ya'. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like one heck of a nice place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!

    If I just had moved there, I'd be making deals with myself: one box unpacked = trip to the pool; two boxes, a visit to the restaurant...

    ReplyDelete