Sunday, March 18, 2012

'Splain something to me kind readers....

When I leave a comment on some of your blogs I'm asked to "prove I'm not a robot" by re-typing some contorted letters a robot apparently can't decipher.  What's the point of that exercise?  If some robot wants to read my blog, why should I care?  My blog doesn't ask that and I don't get any unwanted spam comments selling stuff.  It's a non-issue to me.  I've had some scrambled letter tests that were so convoluted I couldn't make them out.  My rule is, if I try twice and can't get it to accept my comment, I move on.  What am I missing? It just seems pointless.


No tales of drunken St. Patrick's Day merriment from yesterday from me.  I was behaving myself, and was actually quite productive.  K and I packed more stuff....I think we still have a frying pan, one pot, a couple of glasses, some dinnerware, and a stack of paper plates un-packed.  All the pictures and window coverings have been taken down, arrangements have been made for address changes, utilities, and the newspaper.  My big coup yesterday was borrowing some furniture dollies to help move the heavy stuff.  The boxes of course can be moved with my hand dollie.  (Is it "dolly" or "dollie"?  As Google lists both, I'll go with "dollie".)  


We also went by Weir's furniture (very good stuff BTW) and scored a great deal on a bar stool.  We only need one as that is where K will sit to use the island as her Wifi-enabled computer desk, while I take the big desk (yes, I still have the damn thing) in the computer "niche".  The stool is very comfortable and covered in a very high quality leather.  The only catch is there's a small scratch on one leg, but we can easily touch that up, and the price was reduced from over $200 to just $69.  Sweet!  K also bought a high-dollar drapery rod, then she got home and found a 20% off coupon in the mail from the same store.  Today she's going back for the old switcheroo. 


If you're into basketball (I'm not) then this March Madness thing has you glued to the TV.   As far as I'm concerned basketball is a sport contrived to give the masses something to watch while football players have their off-season knee surgery and rehab.  I feel like I'm in a TV sports desert.  I can't wait for September.  :)


S


7 comments:

  1. I guess that big desk just wasn't willing to face life without you. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only require that a commenter have an Open ID or be a Blogger member. I don't see the point of the CAPTCHA or moderation unless one has a history of spam, or nasty comments.

    My desk is made from junk steel and aluminum, with a big piece of glass that I bought. Time to build a new one. I'm thinking polished aluminum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to prove i am not a robot!?
    The funnest thing about this St Patricks day was the green jello shots at my girlfriends house!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    Obahama has his March madness picks on the internet .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those captcha thingies because, like you, I often can't read them and reload until I find one I CAN read! I also hate moderated blogs because I'm not sure whether my comment worked with my slow internet (yep, still too slow in my villiage). My journal/blog has always been open and I have never had spam problems *knock-on-wood*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have to check my own blog to see if people have to decipher those thingies before commenting. And if so...how do I stop it.

    I hate those days when you are in the final throes of packing and then you have to decide what you can live without. "No, can't cook this for dinner because the casserole dish is already packed and I don't know in which box."

    Whatever you do - make sure you pack the coffee maker last and you mark the box clearly. For one of my moves, the packers had packed the coffee maker in a box that said "misc kitch stuff" (one of eight boxes marked like that). However, the glass carafe for the coffee maker was in a box marked "liv rm pictures." It was a very stressful time until I found both... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have the screen captcha thing either & I don't get spam. I did change it to comment moderation for posts over 14 days old because I found that when I had spam it was on those posts.

    I don't watch basketball during the season, but I always fill out a bracket & follow the tournament - it's what I do until baseball season gears up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate those comment screens as well. I figure I'll wait until I have a real problem with spam before I require them. I hope that will be never.

    ReplyDelete