Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's raining cats and dogs....and sunspots

A cold front pushed through north Texas around noon today dropping temps over 20 degrees.  Combined with the winds and rain leading the front, it's darn cool outside.  I had to go back into my winter jackets I had so meticulously packed away in sealed plastic boxes and pull one out.  Mother Nature is jerking my chain!  We're expecting 2-5" of rain by the end of the weekend.  Maybe that will be enough to top off our lakes and enable us to survive the summer without water rationing.  *fingers crossed*


Is anyone besides me having electronic issues with all the sunspot death rays bombarding earth today?  My computer shut itself off, logged us out and everything.  Then when I tried to restart it, it wouldn't accept our ID info.  After a number of attempts it finally smiled and let me back in.  Go figure.


More leisurely packing is in progress.  An hour or so every evening and we should be prepared for an organized move.  The 23rd will be here before you know it.  Here's what our spare bedroom looks like now:



Note the vicious Mr. Luke in the lower right standing guard over our stuff.  OK, sitting guard.  Oooo....I just spotted something else I can sell on Craig's List.  That blue leather chair in the corner has been collecting dust for several years.  It needs to find somewhere else to live.  No luck on the monster desk yet, though.  Don't people use desks anymore?

S

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering if these sun spots were going to affect anyone. Sorry to hear it's you. You look highly organized and I think I'll put you in charge of my next move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had any real rain since October. Usually, winter brings ample amounts of sky-fueled water-fall and I don't have to hardly ever water my plants.
    I have been on the laptop on and off all day and no problems and now on the desktop at home.
    I'd take that chair off your hands - mine broke - but you are a little far off to go and get it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leisurely packing? Organized move? Yup, the sun spots have fried your brain... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Touche, Peeper. :)

    Ben....Can't you arrange to make a delivery in Dallas between now an 3/23?

    Steve....Sure, I'll help. Telepathically, of course. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. that picture reminds me so much of MY last move... already almost 2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. i was reading this about Mastiffs

    ReplyDelete