Monday, March 12, 2012

Details....details....

We're still doing all those little detail things moving demands, like dealing with the change of address notices. Yesterday K was online filling out the form with the Post Office and she came in and asked to use my debt card.  I asked why and she said the USPS charged a $1 fee for online address changes.  Do you believe that?  Mark my words, one of these days the Post Office is just going to wither and die.  They are darn near worthless now....all I ever get in the mail are two magazines and junk mail, and I'd be happy to pay a little more to the publishers to send the magazines UPS.  I don't want the junk mail at all.  That's why it's called JUNK.  At least the magazines would arrive in one piece as opposed to the covers being ripped off like I get now.


Meanwhile I set up our new electric service.  In Texas we have a choice of providers which sounds good but is in reality a royal rip-off.  When we "de-regulated" years ago it was rigged so that we Texas homeowners pay among the highest rates in the nation.  The deciding factor is the length of rate lock-in you want;  month-to-month, 3 months at a time, 6 months, or a year.  I chose the 12 month term and am paying $.086 per kilowatt hour (1,000 KW = $86).  If you don't mind telling, what do you pay per KWH where you live?  I'm curious to see how badly I'm being screwed.


A bit of good news....I have someone interested in buying my huge desk.  I hope he can come by this week and we can make a deal.  My back hurts just thinking about having to move that monstrosity.


We start a new remodel job today so I've gotta get a move-on.  Hope y'all have a good week.


S

6 comments:

  1. I bet you'll be glad when this move is over. You'll probably want to stay put for awhile. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your heavy desk finds a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're paying .098 per KWH here - so your rate sounds fair to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for sharing that Bug. :)

    Steve....Glad when it's over? YOU BET!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news on the huge and heavy desk! Just don't get too excited and offer him too much for taking it off your hands...

    OK, I dug out our last electric bill. One line actually has the balls to say that our rate is 0.04896 per KWH. However... (you just knew there'd be a "however," right?)...after the "residential customer charge," the "environmental charge," the "fuel charge," the "Florida Public Service Charge," the "stick it to you charge," the county and state tax, and the "Florida Regulatory Commission Surcharge," we paid $86.60 last month for 698 KWH used. This works out to $.12 per KWH.

    Hope you feel a little better. I'm a little hot and bothered now. But I refuse to turn the thermostat on the AC any lower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I'd almost pay HIM, you're right!

    Ugh! Peeper, that's terrible. Maybe my .086 isn't so bad after all. Don't you wish they'd just have the nerve to say, bottom line, THIS is what you pay, instead all of the "surcharges" and "add-on's" and such? How deceptive.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't paid for electricity at all in the last 8 years so I haven't a clue what Ontario Hydro charges. I know they add a lot of extras, as I remember from when we had a house pre-1999. I do know that "equal billing" for a bungalow with electric heat and water was $200 a month, but bills were very small during the summer.

    My apartment is all inclusive except communications, as was my last one.

    ReplyDelete