Saturday, April 21, 2012

Do as I say, not as I do

Nope, that won't work with grandson Parker.  He watches and mimics everything.  He's huge into baseball....he has his own batting helmet, bat and ball (plastic, oversized), glove, and even an official Texas Rangers jersey (XXXXS).  The scary part is he can step into a pitch and hit it a mile, well into the yard next door.  And he isn't even 3 years old yet.


He watches every Rangers game on TV and tries to bat like the Big Guys do.  He gets his stance just right, taps the plate, takes a couple of check-swings, then holds up his hand, steps back, puts the bat under his arm and "adjusts" his batting gloves, and then he's ready.  Except he doesn't have any batting gloves.  Until today:



I found some Youth XS batting gloves for him.  They're still way too big for him, but probably not more so than his batting helmet.  We're going over to see his new 'lil sister later today and convention dictates he be included in the gift receiving, too.   Now I wish I'd bought some super-vitamins for ME.  He's gonna wear me out playing baseball!

Good Saturday everyone.

S

3 comments:

  1. Somehow, I don't feel sorry for you, Grandpa. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a future YANKEE to me!

    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! No no no - steer him away from the evil Yankees. Send him to Atlanta :)

    ReplyDelete