Thursday, April 19, 2012

Twinkies and Tony Bennett



It looks like Twinkies are on their last legs, their parent company, Hostess, threatening bankruptcy liquidation.  A world without Twinkies?  How could that be?  I mean Twinkies are a culinary institution.  What kid didn't chow down on a RC Cola and a couple 'o Twinkies?  It was a rite of passage into chubby adolescence....gone forever?  I can't imagine it.  What kinda crap do parents feed their kids these days if not Twinkies? Lemme guess....those little tiny carrots?  *blech*


Since when did Tony Bennett become our Secretary of Defense?  They try to dress him down with more distinguished spectacles, a less stylish do and a new name, but come on, who are they kidding?




Sec Def "Leon Panetta" (yeah... right) was on TV this morning chastising some of his military guys for their partying in Colombia recently, and I'm thinking, "Tony, you old dog....like you haven't serenaded a few Latin ladies in your day?"  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. "Leon", *wink* you'd better let Hillary play the "bad cop" on this one.

Don't you see it?  ;)

S




6 comments:

  1. Yes I see it, but I am more upset about Twinkies. Does this mean no more Sno-balls too?
    Say it ain't so!

    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe....I'm thinking Twinkies would be taking Sno-Balls, Ding Dong's, and Ho-Ho's down with it. Let's hope the UN or somebody can step in and avert this catastrophie!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can't get my fix of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's, I might need to turn to prostitutes for satisfaction. I speak from the point of view of someone whose chubby adolescence never ended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh, I forgot about Twinkies... they don't sell them in my world. But they were a part of my childhood, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never thought of the resemblance but you're right! And Leon looks like he's had too many Twinkies in his day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But...but what will they use to stock up bunkers and fall-out shelters???

    ReplyDelete