Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The investment opportunity of a lifetime just for YOU!


OK, so here's my plan for us to get filthy rich:  Stay with me here....people buy our "fixed communications device", take it home, and plug it into a special wall portal.  Then they pick up the small satellite piece tethered to the base unit and put it to their face.  To speak to a friend the other side of town they put their index finger into one of 10 numbered holes in a spinning dial corresponding to their friend's designated number and turn it clockwise. This causes his similar device to "ring", letting him know they want to talk to him.  


I know....slam dunk, right?  Cha-ching!

This came to me as I was reading in the news of Facebook's purchase of Instagram yesterday for one BILLION dollars.  And what does Instagram do, you ask?  They take color photos from your cellphone camera and turn them into black and white photos. Apparently old is new again.  Ha!  Eat your heart out Eastman Kodak!  (Tell that to your bankruptcy judge.)

Fifteen people invented Instagram, an iPhone app they offered to users for FREE.  They have no subscribers, no revenue, and certainly no profits.  But somehow Facebook thought they were the future of....um....something, and cut 'em a check for $1,000,000,000.  

And in other news....my grandmother has been selected to fly "lead" with the U S Navy Blue Angels, Scarlett Johansson just called to say she wants to have my baby, and a good 'ol boy named "Bubba" won The Master's, golf's most prestigious tournament. *Yeah....right!*

S

6 comments:

  1. I'm adding an extra spoonful of sugar to my morning cup of coffee to counter the sarcasm in your post. Did I miss the part where WE get filthy rich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve....how about we go after the exclusive US distribution rights to the incandescent light bulb?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ready to invest in your communications device until I read your comment on someone named Bubba winning the Masters.
    Obviously you are a nut job!

    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but Bubba was so endearing as he sobbed on the last green :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joeh...."nut job"?....ME? I prefer "charmingly eccentric". ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely am not picking up what your laying down.

    ReplyDelete