Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We are such suckers!

I see the US Government has reached an agreement with Afghanistan that calls for us to continue financially supporting them for 10 years after we cease combat operations there, which means through 2024.  Or as Afghan President Hamid Karzai sees it, his personal 401(k) will be funded through 2024.  Lavishly funded.  Highway robbery funded.


So Microsoft buys a bunch of patents from AOL (aka Dead Man Walking) for a cool Billion Bucks, then turns around and sells the majority of those to Facebook for $550M.  Is it just me or does this deal smell?  I don't have a Facebook account, never have, never will.  Something about this Zuckerberg guy bothers me.  From what I've read a lot of people are becoming dissatisfied with his Facebook, too.  I'm thinking his innocent looking kid-next-door face belies evil genius intentions.  Wonder where this is going?


Speaking of Microsoft....It seems hackers have infected a network of more than a half million computers worldwide by taking advantage of vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system to install malware on the victim computers.  You can go here to see if your computer is affected.  I don't know diddlysquat about computers, but this has just made me realize once again how much I LOVE my iMac. Apple rocks!


Four days until the weekend.  Hang on.  :)


S



2 comments:

  1. Karzai and his thuggish family are as corrupt as they come. He's already making deals with the Taliban because he can't even control his capital, much less the rest of the country. The country will fall within months of our pulling out. We've accomplished all that we can, but it's time to bring our troops and our money home. Afghanistan isn't worth another single US life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me absolutely ill when I think of the money we're wasting over there (not to mention the lives...)

    ReplyDelete