Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Granddaughter Blakely arrived today!

This morning at 9:13 am my daughter Erica gave birth to my first granddaughter, Blakely.  She weighed 7 pounds even and was 19 inches long.  All the expected body parts were properly positioned and attached, and mother and father are resting comfortably.  This afternoon she will be introduced to her big brother Parker.  He's nearly 3, but going on 12 to hear him tell it.  It's going to be interesting to see how he takes to this new interloper on his territory.


To me all newborns look pretty much the same.  I will say her color was exceptionally good, if that means anything.  Everyone said she looks just like her big brother, but I'm going to have to wait a few days and she how she fills out before I make that call.  I just can't see it yet. 

I've been up since 3 am.  I need a nap.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

S

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Blakely is cute as a button :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling when you didn't post this morning at your regular time that something might be up and that today was the day. I couldn't be happier for you. Soon, this little princess will have Grandpa wrapped around her tiny thumb. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her brother will not be happy, but I bet he won't let anyone else treat her badly!

    Congratulations Grandpa!!

    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's a cutie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Congratulations to all! Wow, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your and your daughter's family. Hope you got that nap in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! It was an excellent day for us all. Everyone is happy and healthy, and even little Parker took his sister / intruder well. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete