Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dog heaven


If there's such a thing as dog heaven it probably looks something like this:


I caught K's dog Luke resting with his head on the low window stool surrounded by his favorite toys.  It almost looks staged, but I swear it wasn't.  The funniest thing happened about 3 seconds after I took this photo....a bird flew right up to the window, right at his eye level, just flapping and squawking, and Luke came unglued.  We're talking 0-100 in a split second.  I laughed until I hurt!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Texting with daughter yesterday morning:

Andrea...."Good morning!  When do you think we could borrow Todd's truck to get that dryer?"

Me...."When is it available?  The dryer I mean."

Andrea...."I can have it whenever.  It's in McKinney.  I couldn't get it today though."

Me...."Could we do it tomorrow?"

Andrea...."I'll have to see when they will be home."

Me...."Um...Why are we furiously typing on these tiny little keyboards instead of talking on Alexander Graham Bell's wonderful invention?  I'm getting a cramp in my thumb."

Andrea...."Lol!  OK, I'll call."

Sheesh....kids!

S 

3 comments:

  1. It can't be Heaven without dogs.

    Hmmm...talking on the phone....interesting concept!

    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what Luke is thinking. "Finally they have cable with Animal Planet!"

    When we got one of those front load washers a number of years ago, our cat thought of it as HER television. She would sit in front of it, rotating her head along with the rotations of the drum in the washer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the advance of technology we gain some and we lose some. You guys should pick up the phone.

    ReplyDelete