Tuesday, November 20, 2012

As if I wasn't already impressed with James Bond....

....this just ratchets it up another few notches:

Daniel Craig, the current James Bond, is on a worldwide tour promoting his new movie, Skyfall (which BTW I can enthusiastically recommend). I just read that at Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghani-freakin'-stan 800 British troops were all settled in to see the newest Bond movie when out walks Craig himself, 007, to say Hi to his countrymen.



While there he got to meet the troops, fire guns on their range, and took time to visit those in the base hospital, too.  It seems like it was something done sincerely on his part as it was done too low-key to be much of a publicity stunt.  At least I hope so.

I like seeing the human side of celebrities.  Unfortunately so few of them even have a human side.  To me this nice act makes Daniel Craig one of the good guys.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going under the knife this morning.  The doc is going to cut out the little skin cancer thingy on the bridge of my nose.  While they always tell you every possible thing that can go wrong (CYA, you know), I'm looking for it to be pretty much a non-event.  One of you (can't remember which) remarked that facial scars are a chick magnet.  We'll see about that.  

*Ya hear that, K?  A little TLC right here, please. *  :)

Y'all behave.

S

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your procedure! Maybe James Bond will come visit you as you recover...or probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big THumbs up for 007!!

    Good luck with the chick magnet thing. At my age a magnet won't work...I use a net and chloroform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope the procedure goes well!! That is nice what Daniel Craig did; I'm sure it was a great morale booster too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, confess; are you having a bit of a bromance with Daniel Craig? You really seem pumped up by this movie. Good luck with your procedure. I hope it turns out to be a minor inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve....more like bro-envy. I mean, let's be honest....he has the absolute best toys EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Daniel Craig is pretty darn hot myself - whew! (Or was that just a hot flash?).

    I'm sure you're done with your procedure by now - hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw him in a totally different type of movie - "Sylvia", the story of Sylvia Path. He plays her husband, Ted Hughes, and has longish black hair.

    Sure hope your doc doesn't have a hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your procedure!

    I've put the movie on my list, though it may be a while before I get to see it.

    ReplyDelete