Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." Mark Twain

I feel like the blind double-amputee trying to read braille with hooks.*  There's no telling how this post is going to turn out as I can type while only seeing out of the tiny sliver of my eye that isn't covered by a bandage.  



I thought I'd have a little incision and a few stitches covered by a band aid.  Hahaha!  If it's true chicks like guys with scars, then I'll soon be Hollywood's hottest leading man.  They cut me from above my eyebrow, down the side of my nose all the way to my nostril.  At least that's what I'm told.  Fortunately it doesn't hurt.

My next project is to contrive a manly story to explain the scar I'm sure I'll end up with.  "Oh, I was too stupid to wear sunblock and I got skin cancer" is just too pathetic.  I need something like "I was fighting foreign evil-doers intent on destroying our civilization while working side-by-side with my friend Bond, James Bond ('cause he has all the really cool toys). After the mother-of-all-knife-fights we managed to find the device and cut the right wire just as the clock went to 00:00.  You're welcome."

Yeah, that oughta work.

Seriously, K is the ultimate Florence Nightingale.  Before I can even think of something I might want or need she shows up with it.  (It's kinda scary, actually :)  And even little Luke the Wonder Dog sticks right at my side where ever I go.  I guess that's the canine version of TLC.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fortunately none of this has damaged my taste buds, which is good because tomorrow promises an absolute feast for which I am truly thankful.  I hope you can have a comfortable day with your friends and family, too. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

S

*I realize there are many wounded servicemen and women who will live forever with their injuries where my minor discomfort will only last a few days.  I will always give them all the gratitude and respect I have in me.  I hope you will do the same.  *Thank you*


7 comments:

  1. I WILL MAKE THIS REALLY LOUD SO YOU CAN HEAR IT!

    I AM THANKFUL FOR OUR BRAVE SERVICEMEN, BUT I HOPE YOU RECOVER SOON...AFTERALL, YOU AND BOND SAVED THE WORLD.

    THANK YOU FOR THAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about this: you were bit on the nose by a moray eel while attempting to break the record of the world's deepest ocean dive while just holding your breath. I've heard that if you're going to tell a lie, tell a big one. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad they caught it now. Something to be thankful for indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just say "You should see the other guy" and leave the rest to everyone's imagination :)

    Happy Thanksgiving my Friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. good that it doesn't hurt and that you still have your taste buds! hope you recover and heal quickly and you all enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just whisper, in a very secretive voice, "Swordfight." Nothing else.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and K, and all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Here's hoping you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete