Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm like a kid on Christmas morning....

I'm really not a movie junkie.  I probably don't go to 3 or 4 movies a year, and the ones I do go to are often times half-hearted outings.  I rarely watch the Academy Awards because I've never even heard of most of the nominees, much less seen them.  


There is, however, one exception to my big-screen ambivalence:  Bond.  James Bond.


I'm a huge James Bond fan.  I even enjoyed the ones that were deemed lackluster.  Screw the reviewers.  As long as there's action, 


gorgeous women,


cool firearms,


and fast cars flying through the air doing things the car parked in my garage can't do,


 I'm happy!

I see a lot of myself in James Bond:  Handsome, dashing, a charmer of women, fearless, a great shot, a skillful driver, and just a downright dangerous dude.  Have I mentioned I also have a serious problem with "delusions of grandeur"?  *wink*

This evening K and I are stepping out, going to see the new Bond film that just opened, Skyfall.  While I generally don't enjoy going out into large crowds, I'll make an exception for 007.  I'm excited!

I'll have a review for you tomorrow.  Happy Saturday everyone.  ;)

S


4 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Bond movies, ok yes I know I am not your average bond girl lol. I liked a few of them, the ones with Sean Connery were the best; however this one does look awesome. I want to see it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reviews seem pretty positive, though I still can't embrace Daniel Craig as James Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be wearing your tuxedo to the theater? Remember to shake that martini; don't let them bruise the gin by stirring it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some critics call this "the best" James Bond movie. Can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete