Sunday, November 4, 2012

She's created a monster!



If you look up "Pain in the Ass" in a medical encyclopedia, this is what you'll see....K's dog Luke.

I know, your first reaction is, "He's so cute, all dressed up in his Christmas sweater, posing for his Christmas card center spread."  But I'm tellin' ya, he wakes up at O-dark-thirty every morning, having had 8 hours +/- to think up ways to just pester the hell out of me.

He's an attention whore.  You wanna read or watch something on TV?  Not without his blessing you don't!   If he wants to play or eat or just be stared at for a while, he will hound you (terrier you?) until he gets his way.  He's a whiner.  Dang, he has that little squeal down to a science.  I swear he knows exactly at what pitch my ears start to bleed, and he can hit it like an opera singer every time.  OUCH!  Are all Yorkshire Terriers like that?

I just thought of something:  You think K's trying to kill me?  "Death by Yorkie"?  *hmm....I do have insurance*

When K's home she'll play with him, but if I get home before her I have to take him for a long walk, the goal being to wear him out so he'll sleep and leave me alone.  Never mind that it wears me out, too, and makes ME want to sleep.  

Next time I want one of those kinds of dogs like in the TV commercials, the kind that will bring you a beer from the fridge or hide the remote from the missus so she can't switch over to one of her reality shows.  

That's what I want.  But I probably won't get one.  This one will likely outlive me, out of spite.

But, yeah, I guess he is kinda cute. Dammit!  ;)

S


9 comments:

  1. He is cute. They can get incredibly spoiled can't they? They also can warm their way into our hearts. His twin from another mother lives in our house and has the rule of the house. He was supposed to be our son's dog, but you know how that turns out :)

    enjoy the day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. No dog is ever going to replace your beloved Emma Belle, but Luke sure is cute. I think you're more fond of him than you let on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Steve. He's a keeper. He just knows how to push my buttons.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing what buttons to push is a sign of advanced intelligence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable, lucky him. It is a survival technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once they figure out how to push your buttons, they are there for the long haul so to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big advocate for the humble mongrel. They rarely whine, yap, or wear designer doggie clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw how can you resist that face?

    ReplyDelete