Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thoughts on Veterans Day, and 007, too.

Today is the day we set aside every year to thank our military veterans who have served so that we can all vote, speak our minds, go (or not go) the the church of our choice, and just enjoy all the bounty we have.  What is that saying, "They all gave some, and some gave all"?  They are special people who deserve our thanks and gratitude.  I salute them all.

Any time you see a veteran or an active duty military member, why not take just a few seconds and shake their hand and thank them?  Lord knows we don't pay them enough considering all they do for us.  A little pat on the back seems in order.

And a personal note:  I'm especially proud of my wonderful wife K who as a US Navy veteran was almost single-handedly responsible for defeating communism, and my daughter Andrea, also a US Navy veteran, who pretty much ran naval operations on the west coast in the early 2000's (despite what some of those stuffy 'ol officers might have thought).  Notice Al Qaeda didn't mess with the west coast when she was in charge!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Movie review:  Skyfall

K and I saw the new Bond 007 film Skyfall last night, and it did NOT disappoint!  Every scene, from the very first to the very last, was riveting.  The writing, acting, cinematography....everything....was amazing.  The car chase scenes and the special effects were spell-binding.  It was filmed on location in England, Turkey, and Shanghai, and the scenery was incredible.  There was nothing I didn't like about it.  I especially enjoyed the references to vintage Bond films of the past.  

Yes, I'm prejudiced....I'm a big "Bond, James Bond" fan, but everyone there seemed as impressed as me when they left.  Go see it. Definitely, go see it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time for my Sunday morning breakfast.  I've been craving this for a while now, so on my grocery shopping trip this week I got what was needed for ....


....biscuits and gravy.  Mmmmm!  Now I know what you're thinking, but it's OK.  I'm pretty sure they're low-cal.  :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Veterans Day.

S


4 comments:

  1. Biscuits and gravy?

    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were impressed with the Bond movie. Mrs. C. wants to see it so we'll probably get to the theater this week or next. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good Bond movie!! Thanks for the review about it. My hubby's and son's breakfast of choice is biscuits and gravy with a side of scrabbled eggs; yours look yummy.

    thank your wife and daughter for their military service! I truly admire anyone who is willing to serve to protect our freedoms!

    betty

    ReplyDelete