Friday, November 23, 2012

The unscratchable itch



I'm a scratcher.  I guess I have dry skin because I seem to have more than the usual number of itches most people have during the course of a day.  And worse than actually having to scratch an itch is to have an itch you can't get to to scratch.  That will drive you absolutely CRAZY!!  When we were kids my brother and I would wrestle and I'd pin his arms and then taunt him, "Does your nose itch?  Don't you wish you could scratch it?"  The power of suggestion worked every time.  Heehee!

It took a while, but I think Karma finally caught up with me.  Yesterday I took off the "pressure bandage" that covered all my facial slices 'n dices.  Now the sutures are visible, which are kinda gross looking, but not quite as bad as I expected.  

Now I have to keep it gooped up with some sort of antibiotic ointment for the next week, which looks worse than the actual sutures.  The worst part in all this is I regularly feel the urge to scratch my nose, but I can't 'cause it's all goopy and sore.  Jeez!  It's driving me nuts!  Is this where insanity begins?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I've always been a news hound, over these past several days being housebound I think I've OD'd on news.  I've listened to local news, ABC News, Fox News, CNN News, and CNBC until they start repeating themselves.  

One news item that struck me:  When Hamas and Israel began their cease-fire everyone in Gaza came out into the streets and began shooting live ammo into the air in celebration.  I guess they don't teach physics in Gaza.  I'm surprised some of those "mental giants" didn't take it a step further and shoot off a few of their rockets, too.  Straight up.  *Yea....we won!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all will have to "shop 'till you drop" without me today.  Have fun.  :)

S


3 comments:

  1. Karma is a bitch!

    Don't tell your brother...oh...I think you just did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd write a really witty comment, but I have to go scratch an itch now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your procedure is over and I hope the recovery is swift. No shopping for me today. Went to see The Life of Pi. Loved it

    ReplyDelete