Saturday, April 20, 2013

Just sayin'


It's politically correct these days to point out that not all Muslims are terrorist.  Of course this is 100% correct, but have you noticed that, worldwide, almost all terrorists are Muslim?  True.  There are very, very few exceptions.  Timothy McVeigh comes to mind.  Any others?

Just a tidbit of trivia from my somewhat strange mind.  Make of it what you will.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I have begun to see the value of Twitter.  When it was first explained to me I was told Twitter was a way for you to tell your friends in a very few words what you were doing.  I wondered, "Why would anyone want to know I'm eating a bowl of cereal?"

But last night as we were eating at Fuzzy's Tacos, with all the TV's tuned to soccer *gag*, K was keeping up with the second-by-second breaking news from Boston.  She knew within seconds that  Dzhekalto Tsrkilckicopev (sp?) had been captured, a full 5 minutes before the news outlets reported it.  And can you imagine a faster way to get the word out when you're looking for someone, whether it be a terrorist or a lost child?

I'm still not going to be a Twitterer myself, but if there's a news story I want to follow, I'm going to Twitter first.  Another nail in ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN's coffin.

Good day to you all.  :)

S




8 comments:

  1. When you can keep your head about you when all around you are losing theirs you are probably a muslim in a room full of infidels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting it into historical perspective, Islamic extremists have a long way to go to catch up to Christian extremists. The West would be wise to spend time studying the reasons young men would turn on their adoptive country to become terrorists. There are too many angry young men like these two brothers to fight. We must figure a way out of this cultural mine field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more concerned about the here and now Steve, not ancient history. You do have a good point about figuring out the cause of their anger, though. But think about this: The 19 year old Boston bomber seemed happy, popular, and well adjusted here. It was only AFTER he was influenced by his brother, who was in turn influenced by extreme Muslims when we reportedly traveled OUTSIDE the US that he turned on his adoptive country. How much more welcome could we have made him feel?

      Delete
  3. It's always sad when I find out someone died via Twitter, amidst all the stupid jokes and memes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still don't quite "get" Twitter. I'll hold off on it for a while longer, but at some point I know I'll want to deal with it. Maybe K can give me pointers then. :-)

    If you continue your logic, almost all child molesters are Christian. And almost all serial killers are white men. Slippery slope here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big difference Peeper. Those sicko child molesters don't molest in the name of Christianity. Serial killers don't kill in the name of the Caucasian race. Muslim terrorist DO kill and maim in the name of Allah.

      Delete
  5. That is what I use twitter for as well. I registered just to be able to keep in the loop when something big is going on and I can get it easily on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess if you define terrorism as a political thing, then you have a point. But the Colorado shooters, etc. certainly create terror: they weren't Muslims. Atlanta bomber: not a Muslim. History shows a hell of a lot of Christian terrorists, as was pointed out above.

    I'm torn by this, too. But a dangerous thing to make these generalizations.

    ReplyDelete